IRS Tax Help

Share on Facebook0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0

If you are in the process of trying to solve your IRS Problems, there are many ways to receive tax help from the IRS itself. Are you in need of a specific form or publication or need the answer to a question? Easy access to help with your tax related issues is available. Click here to read or watch more IRS Help resources.


The IRS website,, is available 24/7. On this site you can find answers to many of your questions, actually complete an efile, download forms and publications, check the FAQs, figure your withholding tax with the Form W-4 calculator, send comments, request help via email, get small business start up and operation information, order IRS products, and sign up to receive local and national tax news.


You can also receive forms and instructions via fax. You will need the catalog number for the requested forms. Just call the number from your fax machine and follow the prompts.


Services available by phone include ordering forms and publications, asking questions, solving problems with the help of the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center, and checking the status of your refund. There is also a TeleTax topics line where you can listen to information that covers various topics.

Individuals can call toll-free: 1-800-829-1040, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 10:00 pm local time.

Businesses can call toll-free: 1-800-829-4933, same times.

Exempt Organizations, Retirement Plan Administrators, and Government Entities can call toll-free: 1-877-829-5500, Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Central time.

TDD assistance is available toll-free: 1-800-829-4059, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 10:00 pm local time.

If you live outside the United States, see the IRS’s International Services page for telephone assistance information.


Many forms and publications can be obtained from your local library, post office, and IRS office. In addition, the Taxpayer Assistance Center can answer questions or assist you in finding help with your tax problems. You can find the location of the Taxpayer Assistance Center on the internet at or in your phone book under “United States Government, Internal Revenue Service.”


Orders for forms and publications can be sent to the nearest Distribution Center. You should receive a response within 10 workdays of the receipt of the order.

Taxpayer Advocate Service

You can contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS), an independent organization within the IRS, for help resolving IRS Problems. Find the contact information on the IRS’s website, This service can help you if going through the normal IRS channels has not resolved an issue; you are suffering a hardship, immediate threat, or adverse impact, or are experiencing a delay or lack of response. The TAS works with the IRS to resolve these issues.

If you have questions or are in need of help with your IRS Problems, our knowledgeable staff will be able to direct you to the appropriate area. Contact us today for more information.

Share on Facebook0Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0